Although I am a Theistic Satanist, i.e., I believe in Father SATAN as a real being and as a deity to be worshiped and not just a plain force or ideology, there are things in Anton Lavey’s Satanic Bible that still merit my attention and that I still choose to believe (oh well, as they say, the particulars of your journey to the Left Hand Path are your own personal choice). These 11 Satanic rules are among the things I found applicable to me.
It has been a fact that the name “Satan” and the word “Satanism” has been put in a very bad light by the majority of religions (and, thus, humanity); so out of curiosity, I posted these rules on my Facebook page to find out if it would merit the attention of “those who are without” if the prejudice is eliminated by not mentioning that these rules are from the Satanic Bible.
And guess what? The post was flooded with a lot of likes and positive comments. What does that imply now? It only goes to show that the rules of Satan can be the most practical guiding principles to live by.
THE ELEVEN SATANIC RULES OF THE EARTH
- Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
- Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
- When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
- If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
- Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
- Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
- Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
- Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
- Do not harm little children.
- Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
- When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.